Friday 4 January 2013

13 New Years Resolutions for 2013



Normally I don't really do New Years resolutions. Sometimes I think they are silly, and I never really accomplish them. But this year I am taking a different approach. Most of the items on this list are things I have been meaning to do for a while, and a lot of them have to do with this blog. I am going to make a serious effort to accomplish most, if not all of these things and I will keep you guys posted about it of course. 

This Year I Want To...

1. Take more pictures. I will try to achieve this by doing a “photo an hour” post every per month. I am a little hesitant about this one because I get up late some days (total night owl here) but this might motivate me to get up earlier. I have seen this on other blogs and it is really cool so I want to give it a try.

2. Do a sewing project per month (at least) and post about it. Now that I have some more free time thanks to the Christmas madness being over I think this is a very obtainable goal.

3. Try new craft projects. I have been slacking on my crafting (haha) and want to get back into that. University kind of ate my creativity, but I am done school and have a lot more freedom to have fun now.

4. Create more in general.

5. Spend less. A pretty standard goal, but I feel like I got a bit out of control at the end of the year so I need to reign it in. Save more also goes along with this. If I want to move out any time soon I need to start saving.

6. Advertise on other blogs. I haven't at all since I started this blog and I want to get my name out there some more.

7. Post more and plan more posts in advance so that there isn't a mad dash to put something up. This would also entail taking more outfit post pictures in advance (off days and weekends) to build up a stockpile.

8. Take more outfit pictures outside. The few times I have done this I have had so much fun, I have no idea why I haven't gotten around to doing it more often.

9. Read more for fun. I have already made a good start on this goal, and I intend to keep it up. I finally finished the 5th Game of Thrones, and have moved on the The Girl Who Played With Fire.

10. Watch more movies on my “to watch” list. I find we end up watching the same movies all the time, so I need to work on trying new ones instead of  re-watching the same few over and over. This goes for TV shows too. There is a huge list that we need to get through. 

11. Get up earlier on days off. I like to stay up late and sleep in, but I usually end up feeling groggy, grumpy and unproductive. I know I need time to relax, but I also like to get some things done in my free time. This kind of goes with the first resolution.

12. Become more of a fat activist. I became really interested in this movement when I first started blogging and I really want to become more involved with it.

13. Volunteer somewhere. I have been thinking about a few local museum/archives that would be really cool to help out at.

There are a few other things that I want to work towards as well, like getting my drivers licence finally, cooking more, etc. The goals listed above are more so the blog related top priorities for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment