Sunday 30 June 2013

How To Be A Fat Bitch e-course #9: Haters Gonna Hate

*I skipped Weeks 7 and 8 for now but I am working on them slowly*

Assignment


Surround yourself with fat positive people and things! I make a point of doing this and it can be difficult to let go of a friend or TV show but if they make hateful comments about you or someone else and are not supportive, it's time to say goodbye. Make a list of 5 friends, activities, TV shows, books, websites, etc. that are fat positive. Blog it, Instagram it, Tweet it (#fatbitchecourse, #nearsightedowl), etc. and share it in the comments below.



Discussion

For the most part, I ignore the haters. I usually avoid comments on articles, forums, etc. But occasionally when I am in the right mindset, I read a few comments and they end up motivating me. Probably the opposite of their intent. How do you handle the haters? I would recommend not reading their comments. They are gross.

Generally I try to avoid reading comments because they are just going to make me angry. When I do read them, at first I get mad, but then I realize that the person making that comment is probably insecure about their own appearance and feels the need to take it out on others. I tend not to leave my own comment unless it is something that I feel very passionate about and can make a meaningful contribution to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment