Monday 24 June 2013

Hi-Low Mullet Dress








What I Wore:
Dress: Made by me (McCall's M6504)
Belt: Bealls
Shoes: Target

Before I bought the pattern for this dress I was really not sure how I felt about hi-low dresses, or mullet dresses as my sister affectionately calls them. Taking a closer look at the McCall's pattern I determined that this one might not be as mullety because there is more of a gradual transition between the short front and long back. I am pretty sure I just don't like the ones that have a really abrupt change, it just doesn't look right. I am really glad that I put my reservations aside and bough the pattern though (for $2 no less) because I am in love with how it turned out! I have had this fabric since Christmas and wasn't really sure what to do with it, but when I got the pattern home and dug through my stash I thought they paired perfectly together. I love the print (it has little lady bugs and bumblebees and flowers on it) and it so lightweight and summery. Overall the dress is great and I am going to be wearing the heck out of it this summer.

Can we also talk about how awesome these shoes are? I found them on  Friday while visiting the local Target for the first time since it opened. I spotted them in the clearance section and got really excited because I have been looking for some flatform sandals for a while. I am not usually into tall shoes, but flatforms are a lot easier to walk in and are usually pretty comfy. Plus these ones looked pretty retro inspired. My heart sank a bit when I saw that they only had two pairs left, size 6 or size 10. For $9 I decided to take a risk and try on the 10 (I usually wear a 9) and they fit like a dream! When I brought them home and saw how well they paired with the dress I just finished I got even more excited. Friday was just a great day in general. I also bought a pattern for some sailor shorts (view B not view A because those are pretty awful unless done just right) that I finished yesterday and I am really excited to share with you. Let's hope the rest of the week goes as well as the last one did. Happy Monday!

P.S. I apologize for my absolutely massive hair, it was really humid on the weekend.

6 comments: