Friday 7 June 2013

Gingham and Ruffled Lace










What I Wore:
Dress: Vintage thrifted (Out of the Past)
Cardi: Suzy Shier
Belt: Reitman's
Socks: Ardene
Shoes: c/o B.A.I.T via Cut Out + Keep

I absolutely adore this outfit, too bad the pictures didn't turn out that great. I am still trying to mess around with the settings on my camera to get good natural light indoor photos. They are still turning out a little too grainy, but they are getting better. Anyway, I felt super fantastique in this get up, 60s cute. The socks totally made it for me. I really didn't want to take it off at the end of the day, but pyjamas are a little bit more comfortable to sleep in. Funny story, the first time I wore this dress I wore it to work and the random pocket that only exists on one side of the dress got caught on a shelf that was propped up at the cash and the seam popped. Luckily I was wearing a sweater and it was close to the end of the shift, so I only had to make it home with a huge hole in the side of my dress. I promptly re-sewed and reinforced all the seams and it is now a much happier dress. I think someone bought it from a store, and then altered it, but used a really loose  stitch on the machine. They also pinked all of the seams and they were starting to fray. All I know is I am really glad that the dress wasn't ripped and I was able to repair it because I really love it.

The last week has been really great. Last Friday I went to the African Lion Safari with a friend from Halifax, then Colin and I had a nice visit/stay at his dad's, and yesterday I went to Centreville with another friend from out East. I took some great pictures at Centreville so I will put up a post with those later today. Some other stuff has been going on, but I don't want to jump the gun and talk about that just yet so I will leave you guessing, haha! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment