Monday 24 September 2012

Leopard Printed No-No










What I Wore:
Shirt: Suzy Shier
Vest: Thrifted
Skirt: Smart Set
Shoes: Blowfish

25 Things Fat People Shouldn't Do is an unabashed middle finger to the preposterous idea that any human who weighs more than the status quo does not deserve to live a full and well rounded (ahem) life. The list of 25 is composed word for word from direct lists of sheer assholery found on the internet. These range from the absurd to the profoundly shameful, and I will be disproving this offensive notion with style. Feel free to join in on the fun, and if you do, link at the bottom so I can share. May the Chub Club live long and prosper!

I am participating in 25 Things Fat People Shouldn't Do again this week. I totally forgot to post the "mission statement" last time, so I have included it above. The link up (and the words) are brought to you buy the amazing Jes over at The Militant Baker. This weeks challenge was to wear an animal print, because apparently that is one of the worst offences a fat person could make. This seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I am not a huge fan of animal print (except zebra stripes, I love that), but I think people should be able to wear whatever the hell print they want. It's just like when people say fat people shouldn't wear horizontal stripes. Screw that! I love horizontal stripes and wear them all the time (actually, I had to stop buying them because there are way too many in my closet, but that's another problem entirely).

I wore this outfit with pride today to visit my friend in St. Catherines. We had a delicious lunch and poked around the mall and Toys R Us. I was actually wearing some tights too, but there was an unfortunate incident where I stepped in some dog barf when I got home, yuck! I washed them out, but they were taking forever to dry and I wanted to take these pictures and get this post up so they will not make an appearance today.

As always I encourage everyone to check out Jes' blog, she is not afraid to speak her mind and she always has something interesting to say.

4 comments:

  1. Very Ferris Beuller-esque! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, oh man that is awesome! I did not even think about it, but it totally looks like the vest he wears. Now I love it even more, thanks!

      Delete