Friday 22 June 2012

Pearls and Pedal Pushers







What I Wore:
Shirt: H&M
Necklace: Zellers
Pants: Thrifted
Shoes: Zellers 
So I found out about this great blog campaign that the The Nearsighted Owl is spearheading called "I Am Proud Of My Size." Bloggers can take a full body shot of themselves, put their pants/dress size on the image or in their post and then link it on her blog page. I think this is a great idea so I am going to share my size with you and put the link on her page. I wear a size 14 in case you were wondering. I'm active, healthy, eat well, and I like how I look.

I kind of felt like a 50s pin up girl today. The shirt I wore, paired with the the pearls, the pedal pusher style pants and the deck shoes just screams 50s to me. The stripped tongue on the shoes makes me happy, I love little details like that.
                             
I also watched Some Like It Hot when I got home, which felt appropriate. I know it's set in the 30s, but it has Marilyn Monroe so it totally works *shifty eyes* Okay that might be a stretch, but in my head it makes sense. It is such a great movie, I just love the line at the end *SPOILER ALERT*

Jack Lemon/Daphne: Aw Heck, I'm a man.
Joe E. Brown/Osgood: Nobody's perfect. 

He just says it in such a nonchalant manner, with this little smirk on his face. So good. anyway, I am rambling now. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I plan on catching up on some sleep and doing some much needed relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely love the 50's vibe! Cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I have been feeling some real inspiration from the 50's lately. It was just such a classic look.

      Delete