Monday 8 April 2013

Apple Pickin'










What I Wore:
Dress: Made by me
Cardi: Thrifted (Talize)
Shoes: Spring
Belt: Fairweather 

I must say I am quite pleased with how this dress turned out. I bought the fabric ages ago (just before Christmas) from work and I just got around to working on it last week. I have built up quite the stash, but I am slowly working my way through it. I had the design planned out in my head as soon as I bought the fabric (like most of the stuff I buy, I like to know what I am going to do with it before I buy it) but I didn't get the pipping into a couple of weeks ago. The colour matched the apples perfectly, and I thought the velvet finish added a little something extra. I am happy to say that sewing has really started to become fun again and I going to keep on working through my stash, and exhibit my creations of course. I also just wanted to say, in case anyone was wondering, that if I don't put a patter link with something that I have sewn it means that I draped (or possibly drafted a pattern, but that is less likely) the item so it is completely original.  

I really don't have too much planned this week. Other thank doing some blogging and sewing there isn't much on the agenda. I have been contemplating going to the Vintage Market Place on Saturday, but I feel that might be dangerous for my pocket book. Sometimes I find it really hard to practice self control when it comes to shopping, and as you may recall spending less was one of my 2013 goals. Maybe going would be a good test of will. My sister and I are going to be volunteering for Doors Open at the beginning of May, and we have a training session to go to on Sunday.I guess there is more going on than I realised, haha. I hope my shoes from B.A.I.T come this weeks, it's doubtful since they only sent them a week ago, but I am really impatient sometimes *cough* all the time *cough*. I hop everyone is having a happy Monday, and with that I'll leave you with a sneak peek of my nails for tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment