Thursday 28 March 2013

March Sew-Along Final Update










What I Wore:
Dress: Made by me from this pattern
Tights: Ardene
Shoes: Payless

Here is the finished product for the March Sew-Along! There was one less update than usual, and I apologize about that. Next month will be  little more on track. The toughest section between the last update and the final product were the sleeves. It wasn't even setting them into the dress, but preparing the cuffs. For some reason I found that section to be really difficult. Other than that it was a pretty happy pattern to work with. I wore this dress to work yesterday and it got rave reviews. I think it turned out really well, one of the best things I have made in the last while. This month seems to be the month of winning things because I found out this morning that I won a free pair of shoes from B.A.I.T. footwear thanks to  Cut Out + Keep. If you haven't checked out either of these websites I really think you should! I can't decided which pair of shoes I want from B.A.I.T. there are two in the running. It is really hard to decide because all of their shoes are lovely. Not much else going on around here so I am just going to share next month's project with you.



I am doing McCall's pattern M6604 option D. I am pretty excited about this one, I absolutely love the fabric (I got it at JoAnn's in Florida).

2 comments:

  1. That dress is crazy cute and I'm mad jealous of your sewing skills! I can't even sew a straight line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you twice! I am of the firm belief that everyone can learn to sew, althhough it may take some longer than others haha :P

      Delete