Friday 12 October 2012

Covered Buttons




What I Wore:
Shirt: Smart Set
Skirt: Smart Set
Tights: Dollar Store (sounds crazy,  but they have good tights!)
Shoes: Ardenes
Size: 14

It has been ages since I did a post, and that is because I have been sickly for the last week and have not changed out of my pyjamas. I should really start taking pictures everyday so that I have backup posts for situations like this, but it seems weird to me to post outfits days after I have worn them. It's something that I am going to have to get used to though if I want to have guaranteed posts three times a week. 

It's I Am Proud Of My Size link up time again! I want to touch on a very personal topic this week. I have a very round stomach and occasionally people have asked me "So when are you due?" I tend to respond with "Oh, I'm not pregnant." and any further interactions becomes very awkward and brief. Usually this occurs at work, so I have to talk to them until they are done making their purchase, and then they leave. This type of comment used to make me feel really horrible about myself, like there was something wrong with my body. Recently however I have realized that this is not in fact the case, and that the people asking that question are being kind of rude. I mean really, who does that? Who asks a perfect stranger if they are pregnant? That's not the kind of thing that should be done in polite society. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with my body, that's just how it looks and I have learned to accept this fact. I may not always love it, but I accept it. It's all just part of my ongoing journey of self acceptance and I have to take it a day at a time. 

Work has been going well so far. I am picking up on all the things I have to remember and I have been making fewer mistakes. It think the hardest part is going to be remembering everything that is on sale because there are sales all the time. I have seen a lot of fabric that I really want to buy and it has been inspiring me to work on some more sewing projects. I have decided to try and buy less clothing and make more of it instead, especially since I have the means to do so. I can also customize things more this way, which is really nice. Expect to see more handmade creations on here in the future! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi pretty lady! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop by my blog and return the favor!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey also pretty lady! I think I have ventured over to your blog a few times via The Militant Baker, but I am now officially following. Thanks for adding me :D

      Delete