Monday 4 March 2013

Bunnies, Birdies and Mushrooms Oh My!







 What I Wore:
Dress: Made By Me
Cardi: Smart Set
Leggings: Sirens
Boots: ModCloth
Belt: Ardene

I am really excited to be able to share this dress with you guys! I got the bunny fabric as a Christmas present from my aunt. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it, but I had a few other projects in the works at the time so it had to take the back burner. Once I had a chance to work on it my first step was to find a matching red cotton at work for the band at the bottom. Luckily we had the perfect colour and I checked that step off my prep list. I also wanted to do something cool for the collar, but I couldn't decide on the trim I ended up using or this cute red and white polka dot bias tape. I debated over the decision for quite some time. Obviously I ended up choosing the red eyelet trim, which I think was the right choice in the end. I got both of the trims from Colin's grandma's stash at Christmas. I am happy to be able to use up her old trims and buttons (I did a DIY with one of her buttons which I will be sharing soon). Once I had sorted out all of the details I draped the dress on my mannequin and got to work sewing it together. I am really pleased with how it all came together. It is really fun to design something in your head and then have it turn out exactly as you pictured it. You can't see the bodice entirely in the pictures because of my sweater but it has princess seams that go into box pleats in the skirt. I always pictured it having the red band at the bottom, and the red  collar just kind of balances it all out. What do you think? This outfit is definitely another favourite of the year so far.

P.S. How do you like me new header? I have had this idea for a while and decided to test it out for March.

4 comments:

  1. That dress is amazing!! so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Isn't the print super cute?

      Delete
  2. Your dress is adorable! Love your boots too.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy with my dress. The boots are very comfy, ModCloth has some sweet stuff.

      Delete