Wednesday 20 March 2013

Covered Buttons










What I Wore:
Shirt: Smart Set
Skirt: Made by yours truly
Leggings: Suzy Shier
Socks: Spring
Boots: ModCloth

I like this shirt and skirt combination a lot. If you haven't figured out by now that I love polka dots than this shirt probably proves it. That's not the only thing I like about it though, I also really enjoy the fake pocket on the front (which is weird because usually fake pockets annoy me and I keep wanting to put things in them and then wonder why it isn't working, but for some reason I find it endearing on this shirt) and the covered buttons at the back of the neck. I like shirts that have buttons up the back, and I love covered buttons so I really can't lose with that combination. I just love buttons in general though and I tend to collect items of clothing with interesting buttons, or I hoard buy buttons to sew onto things at a later date. This dress is an example of something I bought mainly for the buttons. Buttons are just really cool.

I have been experimenting with taking natural lighting pictures for my outfit posts and I think I prefer the results over those taken with a flash. The pictures just look richer and more natural (haha). The only downside is then sometimes you get blurry pictures,or ones where I am moving a lot. Sometimes they look really cool like the last one from this set,but others are not so great. Usually Colin takes my pictures for me (if he isn't here I use a tripod that he got me for my burfday), but the shutter speed has to be pretty low because of the lighting in here and he often has to take a few in a row to get a steady shot. Style blog problems. Overall I prefer taking a few rounds of pictures over fake looking ones. What do you guys think? Yay or nay to natural lighting? 

So far I am enjoying doing outfit posts everyday, but I don't think I could keep up with this every week. It is a lot of work mostly because I am running out of things to say haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment