Monday 30 July 2012

Nerd Pride








What I Wore:
Shirt: Suzy Shier
Vest: Smart Set
Pants: Zellers
Shoes: Spring
Earrings: I honestly can't remember even though I racked my brain 

The cat we are watching decided he wanted in on the my outfit pictures again today. He may look less than pleased in the shots, but I swear he wanted to be there, honest. I really enjoy earrings where each one is slightly different, but they are still meant to be a set. I have a couple other pairs that will probably make their way onto this blog at some point.

Saturday Colin and I meandered down the street to check out the Pride Parade. We left lots of time to get there, but it was still packed when we arrived. We snagged a pretty decent spot on the corner, but people kind of crowded in front of us and the barriers as the parade went on so the pictures I was taking near the end are full of people. It was quite warm out and poor Colin got a sunburn (even though he was wearing sunblock), but I managed to escape with a light tan. The turnout was amazing, I am glad that the LGBTQ community here has so much support. Especially after what happened here in April to Raymond Taavel. That attack could have been prevented too, which just makes it that much worse. 

On a brighter note the parade was a blast and I would like to share some photos from it with you.

The crowd


First float (there had to be a man in an orange speedo)


Drag Queen Love 





Nerd Pride (they even had a sign that said that)


This was super cool 

I will leave you with that. Happy Monday everyone! I hope you have a great week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment