Monday 16 July 2012

Turf and Surf



What I Wore:
Top: Thrifted
Pants: OldNavy
Shoes: Blowfish
Size: 14


What I Wore:
Bathing Suit: ModCloth 
Sunglasses: Metro
Size: XL

I am participating in Rachele's "I'm Proud of My Size" link up from the blog The Nearsighted Owl again this week. If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you should because it is amazing and very inspirational. 

This is pretty scary for me since I have never displayed a picture of myself in a bathing suit anywhere ever, let alone online, so here goes. I think it looks pretty great and am really pleased with the fit. It was totally worth the price tag, I just hope it lasts a long time (I am hard on bathing suits, the butts always get saggy after one season of use).

These pictures are from yesterday. My friend invited Colin and I out for a swim in Chocolate Lake and some food at her place afterwards. It has been hot here lately, so it was a little discouraging to step outside to a cool breeze when we really wanted to go swimming. Normally I wouldn't want it to be hot but I was dying to try out my new suit! However once we got to the lake it was actually pretty warm and perfect for a nice dip. Colin and I slathered  sprayed on the sun screen and waddled in. We had a great time hanging out with our friend, just splashing around. Afterwards we went to her house for a delicious almond and cranberry spinach salad (with homemade dressing) and some decadent sandwiches. Of course we brought ice cream for dessert. All in all it was a pretty great day, and I hope we get out to the lake again before the end of the summer.

I am going to have some extra posts this week to make up for missing two last week, so stay tuned.

*Edit* The cat in the first picture is named Jack and we are cat sitting him for a few weeks for a friend. I forgot to add that in before I published this.

2 comments:

  1. The bathing suit looks just smashing ;) Also, I think the cat in the background of the first outfit deserves a mention, wiggling his butt for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poo poo, I was going to mention that we are cat sitting him. He wanted to be internet famous and jumped in at the last minute, hahaha! I will have to edit that in to the post.

      Delete