Wednesday 17 October 2012

Red Ruffled Collar








What I Wore:
Dress: Old Navy
Sweater: Smart Set
Shoes: Spring
Tights: Dollorama
Size: 14

I love the collar, colour, and tie on this dress! I got it about a week ago but was saving it for a special occasion. more special than work anyway. We went out to dinner with my grandparents' tonight. They live in Windsor so we don't get to see them that often. I thought it would be fun to wear something nice. In anticipation for I Am Proud Of My Size tomorrow I am going to add the link in today. Not much to say on the subject this week, but I am very happy to be able to participate in something like this. I wish I had found such body positive blogs when I was in middle school and high school, it would have made my teen years a lot easier to get through. I am sure that Rachele's words have inspired others as well.

On the weekend we went to visit my uncle in Toronto. Him and his family lived in Beijing for a long time and we only got to see them at Christmas, so it is nice to be able to visit them more often. We went for a walk in Sherwood park and I got to take some great "changing of the leaves" pictures, it was such a beautiful day. I also found a cell phone on one of the trails. It is the same kind that I have so I brought it home and charged it up and figured out who it belonged to. It has been a bit of an ordeal contacting them, but I am happy to say that they have responded to my messages and the phone is in the mail and on its way back to the owner. I lost my old phone last Christmas and it was a horrible experience, I would have been happy if someone had found it and returned it. It costs so much to cancel your plan or buy a new phone, it is kind of ridiculous. Luckily a friend of mine was nice enough to send me their old phone and I used that until my cell phone provider sent me a new phone (for free!). Anyway, that was a long rambling story so as a reward for sticking around here are some pictures from our walk in the woods.



My Uncle's Dog Christie











No comments:

Post a Comment