Saturday 3 August 2013

F**K Flattering: My Pixie Cut Journey OR How To Be A Fat Bitch e-course #10: Being Visible (You Decide)







Sorry for the super long title, it was worth it though. I have joined the ranks of fabulous fatties with pixies and I couldn't be happier to be a member of that gang. I have never been one to follow the rules of fashion, and I am certainly ignoring downright flouting quite a few by sporting this hair do. Some of the gems I found on the internet while researching this subject: you shouldn't have a pixie if the space between your ear and chin is longer than 5.5cm, you shouldn't have a pixie if your fat, you shouldn't have short hair if you're a girl (possibly the most ridiculous?), the list goes on and on. Well I say fuck the rules, it's my body and I am going to do what I please with it and look damn fine while doing it. 

I really debated getting my hair cut this short for a loooooong time. I had it this short as a kid and really liked it, even though all the old ladies thought I was a little boy. Last time I went to get it cut (February, whoops long time ago) I chickened out and just got a trim. I am not sure what made this time different, maybe I was just fed up with the bullshit rules and comments people have made lately about my appearance, but I just decided to go for it and I am so glad I did. It took a few days to get used to the length and how to style it, but the initial shock was totally worth the final result. Maybe one day I will style it in a sweet beehive like Rachele!  What do you guys think? Have you ever done anything just because everyone else said you shouldn't?     

15 comments:

  1. I love your hair Hope!!! It is super flattering and you look adorable and yet very grown up all at once. Also as a fellow thick hair buddy, probably a lot lighter in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madeline! Yeah, thick hair in heat can be a pain in the butt. It is definitely a lot lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! It makes you look older, which is not what I would have expected, but super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aahh! You look like a totally different person! So sweet on you. I couldn't love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!!! Glad you stuck it to those "rules" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look super-cute! Heck with the rules!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Maya! A little more sophisticated perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rachele! Your look and the e-course totally inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks :) Sometimes they need to be told who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sarah, coming from a fine babe like yourself I have to take it as truth!

    ReplyDelete