Monday 16 September 2013

One Hep Cat









What I Wore:
Sweater: ASOS Curve
Pants/Leggings: Joe Fresh
Shoes: B.A.I.T c/o Cut Out + Keep
Headscarf: Thrifted
Brooch: Black Iris Design
Sunnies: Metro

I bought these pants/leggings (not really sure which one because they are a weird mix of both) when we were up at the cottage but it has been too hot to wear them until now. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them. They remind me of those cigarette pants that women used to wear in the 60s. I have been looking for a pair for a while and am excited to finally own some. I am also happy to finally be able to wear this sweater. I bought it more than a month ago in my first ever ASOS purchase, but haven't been able to wear it because if the ridiculous heat. The heart-shaped elbow patches sold me on it, but the $13 price tag wasn't so bad either. So far I am really happy with the things I purchased from ASOS, and I can;t wait for my second package to arrive. It should be here sometime this week, *eeeee* I got the polka dot cat brooch at FanExpo and have worn it a ridiculous number of times since then. I love pairing polka dots with stripes, and the kitty kat is just too cute. I am surprised it didn't make it into an earlier outfit post, but things have been crazy around here.

Speaking of crazy, I am ready to shed some light on what has been going on in my life. As some of you may remember, Colin and I moved up to his dad's house about two months ago. Last week Colin's dad decided to rent out the house, which left us unsure about what to do next. We hemmed and we hawed (more like I freaked out and Colin was reasonable), but finally settled on moving back in with my parents. I am not going to lie, it was a rough week and all I could think was "this year has really sucked." The prospect of moving again was not appealing, and not that I don't love my parents, but I feel like at this age I should be living in my own place and have a grown up job and a grown up life. I had plans. Unfortunately things don't always work out as you plan, sometimes you just have to relax and roll with it.

Lucky for us, rolling with it seemed seemed to do the trick. On Friday, just when I had resigned myself to feeling shitty, Colin got a second job. Very good news indeed. I have also been keeping a secret for a while. I didn't want to share until it got closer to the date, but next week I am going to be starting a second job too. I will going to be working as an interpreter, giving people tours at a few museums. I am really excited about this and very happy to be working in my field of study. The reason this didn't make me feel great last week because the job is kind of far away, and I was stressing about the commute on top of everything else. When I get stressed out I tend to worry about anything and everything and it becomes a vicious cycle. Now that Colin has a second job (which is close-ish to my new job), we might be able to move into our own place somewhere in between both sets of jobs. I have said job way too many times in this post. There's no guarantee that we will be able to get an apartment, but at least it is something to look forward to. Two new jobs and the possibility of our own place. Just like that things went from bad, to worse, to pretty awesome. Maybe this will finally teach me to relax a little and not to stress out when things don't go perfectly.  

5 comments:

  1. I love the outfit Hope and congrats on the employment!!!!!! I am totally feeling the whole "where is this adult life that people keeping talking about", and I am glad you're seeing the light at the tunnel. You're Hope for the rest of us that it gets better ;) tehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing off that jumper too, but it's coming into summer here! Also, love the pants! I know what you mean about the stressing, I do that too. For me, it's the uncertainty. I need to know what is going to happen, to have a solid plan. But I'm glad that things have worked out for you. And your new job sounds amazing! Also, don't worry about living with your parents, given the opportunity, I would move back in with them in a heart beat. I'm not sure Jesse would like it so much :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy I decided to buy it. First ASOS purchase and it was totally worth it. I think you should get it and save it for the fall! I get really messed up with the opposite season changes, haha.
    I am looking forward to finally starting next week. I got hired at the end of August, but they do their schedules a month in advance so I have been waiting for what seems like ages now. If we end up moving back in with them we might trade my sister rooms so we have a door and can keep Luna and Sable (Colin's cat) in there. I lived in the loft part before and there is no door. Ideally we can find a place in Burlington just for commuting purposes, but at least my parents are closer to the train station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I should buy it, I mean it's supposed to be spring here, but it's more like the dead of winter! Freezing cold and thunderstorms!! Can you get a gate for the loft part? Probably wouldn't keep Sable in, but would keep Luna from getting into too much mischief! I wish you all the luck to find your own place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lame weather is lame! But you should buy it, it would be perfect for what you are experiencing right now.
    The problem with the loft is it is right above the living room and offers no privacy. The room opens onto the living room and is only separated by a low railing. My sister always wanted it anyway so all things considered it would be best if we traded. Also Sable might not be good with other cats and we have two at my parents. We'll have to see about that one.

    ReplyDelete