Wednesday 30 January 2013

Photo An Hour: January

As part of my 2013 goals I wanted to do a "photo an hour" post every month. I had planned to do the pictures a couple weekends ago, but it didn't work out as I kept forgetting to take pictures every hour. Luckily, last weekend I went on a shopping trip to Amherst, NY with some friends from work so I decided to depict that day instead. So here are the pictures from the trip, better late than never I always say! There are a couple half hour ones, and a few gaps since we were shopping, but I stuck to the goal better than during the first attempt. 

7:00 am Wake up to a grey and icky day.

7:30 am Had my clothes all picked out and ready to take a shower.

8:00 am Eating my breakfast, I love Banana Nut Muslix!


9:00 am In the car at my friends (she lives across the street!) and ready for the drive across the border.

10:00 am Crossing the Rainbow Bridge to Niagara Falls. 

10:30 am We got a bit lost and had to stop to plug in the GPS. This place was a book outlet and archery range for some reason...

11:00 am - 1:00 pm We arrived at Jo Ann's and were ready to shop for some fabric. We spent two hours here and I didn't think to take a picture inside so we lost a picture, sorry :(

1:00 pm We arrived at the Olive Garden for some fine Italian cuisine. If any one has seen Clone High you know what I am talking about.

1:30 pm Me just goofing around while waiting for food. Plus a sneak peak of my finished January Sew-Along shirt!

2:00 pm My delicious repast. 

3:00pm (ish) We arrived at Target for some more shopping. We thought we better check it out before it comes to Canada, haha. 

4:00 pm We got some slushies after we were done our shopping for the drive home.

5:00 - 6:00 pm Crossing the bridge back to Niagara Falls.

6:00 - 7:00 pm Still waiting to cross the border. It took way longer on the way home than it did on the way there.

7:30 - 8:00 pm Finally made it home and took some time to peruse my purchases and put them away. This is the fabric I got at Jo Ann's. You did not see it incorrectly, there is some comic book print, a man with some penny farthings (big wheel bikes) print and a scissor print. They have some great stuff in that store! 

And some of the stuff from Target.

Overall I had a really great day. I am glad I decided to go on the trip. I was a little hesitant at first because we are going to Florida next week. but my mother assured me we will not be going anywhere near a fabric store during the trip (because both my parents hate them), so in the end I couldn't pass it up. I hope you enjoyed the glimpse into a day in my life! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey! A canadian! :)
    I love this post, what a great idea.
    niagara falls is my favourite place on earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, born and raised! There aren't that many of us out there in the blog -o-verse, haha.
      Thanks! I can't take credit for it thought because I have seen it on a few other blogs and I thought it would be a good goal to try it out this year.
      I love Niagara Falls too. It is my favourite in the winter when it gets all icy around the falls, so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I was pretty pleased with it myself. I can't wait to make stuff out of it!

      Delete