Thursday 15 November 2012

Grey and Green






What I Wore:
Dress: clothing  swapped
Cardi: Thrifted
Tights Value Village (new)
Shoes: Spring
Belt: Made par moi

My collection of colourful cardigans is slowly growing. I hope to own a rainbow set so that I can pair them prints. If you haven't noticed I own a lot of stripes and polka dots and it is so much more exciting to pair those with colour than to wear a black cardi with them all the time. I picked up this green one last week at Value Village and am gad that I did because it is comfortable and warm. It will also pair nicely with a large range of my clothes, so I win all around really. I am pleased to say that I made the belt. Is it the first time I have done something like that and it turned out pretty well. I wish the metal part was a little bit smaller because the elastic slips around bit on it (and I sewed it as close to the edges as possible), but the smaller size would have been too small. I wanted to make a red one too but there wasn't enough left, I hope they get some more in soon.

I have been on a bit of a nail painting kick lately, since the end of the summer actually. My nails have never been very healthy and I find working in the store makes them break even more. I have started using some nail strengthening polish and it seems to be working so far. I also find painting them and using a good top coat prevents them breaking as frequently too, so I have been going a little overboard with the designs. I should have used that line in the post with the nautical nails, haha! I discovered that we have some Sally Hanson manicure nail stickers, and they work really well for making line designs like this one. It's a little hard to tell from the picture (which is sadly the best one, it is hard to take nail pictures well) but there are actually three colours in there. I am amazed that this design has lasted two days without getting chipped (it's a record), the Revlon top coat I bought is doing a good job. Usually as soon as it chips I start to pick it off which is really bad. I have been thinking about ordering some Seche Vite top coat since I have heard good things about it. I wouldn't pick off my polish so quickly if it didn't chip so easily. 

2 comments:

  1. Look at all the colour!! also Sally hansen's hard as nails top coat is super good AND is at Shoppers. They also come in colours so you can double up the hardness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was originally going to get the Sally Hansen but the Revlon was on sale. I should have gone with my instincts. I'll have to pick some up to test out. Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete