Wednesday 28 November 2012

New Directions

I have been thinking this over for a while and I think it is time to expand this blog a bit. Working up to the new year I am going to start adding in some new features. I feel like I have more than just outfit posts to offer and I wanted to make this blog a bit more entertaining and draw in some new readers.

First of all I am going to be opening up advertising and sponsor options. I have been looking into using Passionfruit ads, I have heard great things from other bloggers who use their services. They have an option for doing ad swaps, which I plan on utilizing, as well as selling advertising spots which I will also do. I am hoping to be able to ad swap with a few of my favourite bloggers in order to get things moving.
     

I have been thinking about adding a weekly/bi-weekly nail feature. I mentioned before that I have been really getting into doing my nails recently and I have been keeping up with that so it seems logical to add some nail posts in.

Design from this post
Sewing is a major part of my life and I want to be able to share that with my blog readers. I think it would be really neat to have a monthly "Sew Along" feature. I will choose a pattern out that anyone could have access too and then work my way through it in the month with some update posts along the way. If people are interested in working on the same pattern with me they can e-mail me and let me know and I will be open to answering questions if they have any problems. I don't always work from patterns so I might also get into some draping tutorials or maybe do a few posts about good sources for learning the basics. Intermingled with this will be some craft oriented posts as well. I have a few in the works and they could be more of a "Craft Along" than sewing. It might be a one month sewing one month craft, we'll see how it pans out.

Here are some sneak peeks of projects:

Dress A is a planned project

I'll be sharing this soon!
I also want to try and do some more photography posts. I have been neglecting that a bit recently and it is sad. There are a lot of nice spots around Hamilton and it would be great to go and capture those and share them with you. I have some pictures from trips and the like that would be nice to put on here too.

Garden Eel at Kew Gardens
That's about it for right now. This list is kind of a motivational prompt for me to get out and do things too. If it is on here that means I have to actually try and accomplish it right?


No comments:

Post a Comment