Monday 19 November 2012

Buttoned Up



This picture makes me happy




What I Wore:
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: Made par moi
Cardi: Smart Set
Tights: H&M
Shoes: Spring
Head scarf: Thrifted ??? (I honestly don't know) 

I have still been been slowly working through cleaning out my room and the other day I found a stash of scarves that I apparently had hoarded together during a previous tidying session and then left in a bag. I was super excited because I have been looking for some cute headscarves and haven't had much success. This one is my favourite, and matched my nails (oh dear) so I decided to incorporate it into my outfit today. I am really pleased with how the colours all tied in together.

I finished this skirt last week and I wasn't very happy with it at first. I think when you have worked on something for a while you just get sick of it and can't look at it in a positive light anymore. It didn't take me a long time to do it from start to finish, but I had been thinking about making it for a least two weeks prior to starting it and I guess it just got old by the time I was done. For some reason the button placement looked off even though I had measured it out evenly. Anyway, I put it away in my closet over the weekend and when I pulled it out this morning it looked a lot better than I had thought it did last week. Lately I seem to be dreaming up new projects before I can finish the ones I  have started. I am really trying to work on one at a time but it is hard to focus with so much inspiration surrounding me. It's so hard working in a fabric store, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment