Friday 4 October 2013

Horsin' Around








What I Wore:
Shirt: Made by me (New Look 6148)
Pants: Joe Fresh
Shoes: c/o B.A.I.T via Cut Out + Keep
Belt: Ardene

I finished sewing my horse shirt shortly after I posted about it here, but I wasn't able to get any good pictures of it until earlier this week. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, even with the few little snags in the fabric. The sleeves went in really well and I still love the sweetheart neckline on the front. I decided to go with the longer option of the shirt to make it more like a tunic since I don't really have any other shirts that length. It was kind of hard to find things in my closet that it went well with it though, but I think it looks pretty good with these pants/leggings. I can't really decide if they are pants or leggings because they are made out of a knit fabric and are fairly stretchy, but it is a very heavy knit and they have pockets and a fly...

You can't really tell in these pictures but the pants (I am going to call them pants to make it easier) have an insert in the inseam that goes to just above the knee. It kind of makes them look like riding pants which I thought was appropriate (read: very entertaining) for the print of the shirt. I am looking forward to wearing these with high boots in the late fall (these boots in particular, and with the horse shirt it would make a whole horseback riding thing out of it). It is always hard to find pants that you can wear with tall boot because a lot of them sag at the knees and look funny. Am I the only person that has this problem? Anyway, these pants don't do that which makes them perfect for tall boots. I am excited for this weekend because that costume party I keep mentioning is tomorrow! I will try to get some good pictures to share on here. Anyone else have exciting plans for the weekend? Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lucy! It's super comfy and soft too. I am so happy I caved and bought the fabric lol!

    ReplyDelete