Monday 21 October 2013

Bright As Yellow





What I Wore:
Shirt: Joe Fresh
Cardi: Thrifted
Skirt: Made by me
Belt/Shoes: Ardene

I have always thought that yellow and purple look nice together. I guess most people tend think of those colours together as more of a spring combination, but I say to heck with wearing certain colours only in certain seasons. Also the grey kind of toned it down a bit in this look. It was one of those days where I just felt like being colourful. Those days occur very rarely for me, you might have noticed I tend to sway towards darker pieces with prints. I n fact I used to have a really hard time wearing more than one colour at once, I would always pair them with black. Black was definitely a staple in my wardrobe until recently. I have been really trying to acquire more colourful solids that I can mix and match with the load of prints (mostly polka dots) that I already have. I have probably talked about this before, but over the last few weeks I have collected and/or made a few new sold pieces so it has been on my mind.

As I predicted, life has been crazy once again. I have been working 6 out of 7 days every week with the two jobs now, and on top of that we have been attempting to hunt for apartments and keep the house tidy for viewings. Things have definitely been interesting. I feel like I have been complaining a lot lately, so please don't get me wrong I am very thankful to have work and to be able to look for our own place, but it has also been stressful. Taking it easy on here is certainly helping to alleviate some of the stress. I might resort to posting once a week, maybe twice depending on how I am feeling. I have to remind myself that although I enjoy blogging, it is also another thing on top of everything else and I don't have to do it all the time. I definitely like to take on too much at once and need to remind myself to relax a little and take a step back. I also worry about everything all the time which doesn't help with the relaxing. Does anybody else have this problem?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks :) I do have relatives in Windsor...just a hop skip and a jump across the border haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow and purple pieces together! I think wearing cheery colors like this in the dreary cooler months is the perfect pick-me-up indeed. I always take on too much at a time too and get soooo overwhelmed about it. These days with two kiddos - I've definitely blogged a lot less - but that's ok :-) There's no set schedule in blogland and that's what's so great about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you! I work in a fabric store and usually this time of year all the colours are so dull. It's funny how in the grey weather people gravitate towards dull colours. I say the more colour the better! Blogging on top of life and two keeps seems like a lot to handle! I always love your posts though. Quality over quantity :)

    ReplyDelete