Wednesday 21 May 2014

Mint Dreams





What I Wore:
Dress: Clothing swap
Belt: Beals
Shoes: Ardene

I absolutely love this dress. I picked it up at that clothing swap I went to in December, but this is the first time that I have worn it. It was a little thin for winter wear and the colour just screams spring to me. It is also a little bit longer than the length that I would normally wear, but when I tried it on it fit perfectly and I just knew I had to take it home with me. It seriously fits like it was made for me, how often does that happen with clothing you haven't made for yourself? I actually think this was a hand made item, or at least someone altered it at home. There's no tag and the stitching does not look like a factory machine. The pockets on the front are a nice touch. The only thing I think it is missing are pockets in the side seams. I think all dresses and skirts shoulf have pockets. just sayin'.

For the first wear out I decided to pair it with a coral belt and shoes, some subtle accessories but I feel like they complete the look. Who doesn't like mint and coral together? I know this was a hot trend last year, and I'm not usually one to jump on the trend bandwagon, but I still like how the two colours look together. Colin said I looked like a 50s housewife, and I would have to agree. A look I am totally into, if I could populate my closet with dresses entirely like this one I totally would.

2 comments:

  1. This dress does look like it was made for you!! It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete