Monday 15 July 2013

Blue & Red Stripes







What I Wore:
Dress: thrifted (Goodwill)
Belt: Thrifted (Frenchys)
Headscarf: Thrifted (Goodwill)
Shoes: Ardene

I am really pelased with how this outfit came together. I love it when I make an outfit out of things that I have entirely thrifted or made myself. I find it very satisfying for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with finding nice things on the cheap, or the thrill of wearing something relatively unique, who knows. What I do know is that I enjoy the feeling immensely.

Not too much going on since last week. We are starting to get settled in here at Colin'd dad's. I set up the sewing room slash my closet and it looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I am excited to spend some quality sewing time in there in the future. The neighbourhood is nice and quiet, and relatively close to my work which is great. Unfortunately I made the mistake of walking to work yesterday when it was 39 degrees out and by the time I got there I was all red and sweaty, awesome. I will definitely be checking the weather report before I decide whether to walk or not in the future. It will be really nice to walk there in the fall though when it is a bit cooler out. I am looking forward to more of a laid-back week coming up. Last week was kind of crazy so it will be nice to have some time to relax and settle into the new place. I hope everyone is having a happy Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment