A few weeks ago Talize had a 50% off sale that unfortunately I couldn't go to because I had to work.
Luckily my sister got me this awesome sweater and a few other things.
Once I had the sweater in my hot little hands I noticed that it was missing a few buttons.
Then I had a brilliant idea.
I have a ridiculous number of buttons in my stash, I was certain I could find a good set to use, and I was right. I bought these awesome cat glasses buttons at Nova in the summer but I didn't have any use for them until now.
First I removed all of the old buttons except for the top one. I only had six buttons and the sweater required seven, so I decided to leave the top one on.
Then I sewed on the new buttons using some buttonhole twist/cobain thread. It's heavy thread that tends to hold up better than the regular stuff does. I find that buttons are always the first thing to fall off, so I make sure I secure them really well.
And easy peasy lemon squeezy, I have a new awesome sweater that is ready to wear!