Thursday 29 August 2013

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay








What I Wore:
Shirt: Made by me (Simplicity 1692)
Shorts: Made by me (Kwik Sew K3854)
Shoes: c/o B.A.I.T via Cut Out + Keep
Sunnies: Universal Studios

This is one of my favourite outfits of the summer. I love the retro feel of the high-waisted shorts and vintage shirt together. This dock was a great place to take pictures given the slightly (once again) nautical feel of the look. Also it meant I got to use an Ottis Redding song as my title so everyone wins. I have had a hard time matching this shirt with some of my clothes so I am really pleased that it looks good with the shorts. I made almost everything I am wearing in this, how cool is that? Speaking of sewing, I haven't done any in almost a month. I really need to remedy that, my fingers are itching to get back to my machine.

During my sick haze this week I have watched the entirety of Twin Peaks. I have been meaning to watch it for a while now, a lot of the blogs I read are obsessed in love with it and it sounded pretty good. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the show up until the ending. I really liked the weird sci-fi/horror/drama mix. It is definitely hard to place it into any particular genre which is pretty neat. All of the characters were really well fleshed out and had great storylines. I really liked Cooper, Log Lady, Audrey and Andy. Things seemed to go a little askew halfway through the second season and sadly the ending was unsatisfactory, but I guess that's what I get for watching a show that was cancelled and left you with a cliff hanger. Have any of you watched Twin Peaks? What did you think about it?

2 comments:

  1. We watched all of Twin Peaks last year - my husband loves it and I had never seen it before - and I felt kind of like you did. I liked it, especially the first half, but then it became kind of hard to follow with all the sci-fi/mystery going on. I guess that's what you get for watching something by David Lynch though. Have you seen Firewalk With Me? It's a full-length movie that's kind of a prequel to the series. It has Chris Isak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overall it was enjoyable and I liked it, I just wish there was more of a conclusion to some of the unresolved plot points. The David Lynch weirdness kind of added to it for me too. I like weird stuff. I was reading up about the show when I finished all the episodes (big nerd right here) and I saw they had made that prequel. I definitely need to check that out when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete