1. What's your favorite place to eat?
Affinity. It is an amazing Asian Vegetarian restaurant in Hamilton. The food is sooooo delicious I could eat there every day of my life.
2. Who or what inspired you to get into blogging?
Probably Rachele of The Nearsighted Owl, Kaylah of The Dainty Squid, Jes of The Militant Baker, Kate of Scathingly Brilliant and Elycia of LoveElycia. I love all of their styles so much, and I love Rachele and Jes' body positive vibes. I wanted to have a way to express myself like these ladies so I decided to start a blog.
3. If you could pick, what would be your dream job?
To be a collections manager or curator in a clothing/costume museum.
4. How would you describe your perfect day?
Sleep in, snuggle a bit with Colin. Have a nice big breakfast with eggs and toast and some coffee. Maybe go out for a walk or something, take Luna along. do some thrifting and have a nice lunch that involves a milkshake. Work on some sewing or crafts in the afternoon. Go to Affinity or out for sushi for dinner (yum!). Maybe play a video game or watch a movie (or both) in the evening.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Probably Rachele of The Nearsighted Owl. She is so confident and positive and she is not afraid to speak her mind. She has helped me achieve self acceptance, which was a huge step for me.
6. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off Colin and my student loans, buy a house in the country, and save the rest (maybe buy a few other small things).
7. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Go to school in another province. That was a huge crazy leap, but so worth it.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Bath, England. It was the prettiest city I have ever been to.
9. What was your favorite thing as a kid?
I have no idea. I don't really remember most things (at least small things) before I was at least 8. I have a terrible memory.
10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People who are intolerant of others.
11. How has blogging changed your life?
I have met so many wonderful people through blogging, I would't trade it for anything.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME (Hope)
1. I'm of mixed race. It is hard to tell, but it's true, My mum is black and my dad is white. My mum also has Métis in her family.
2. I went to school in Halifax. I love that city and would love to move back there some day.
3. I am really bad at riding bikes. I had an accident when I was at my friends's cottage as a kid that kind of turned me off the whole thing. I want to learn, but this city isn't the greatest to learn in.
4. I am pretty accident prone. I have sprained both my ankles several times each. I have never broken anything though *knock on wood*
5. I am a total night owl.
6. I like to play video games. I don't care for FPS (they make me woozy) but will play pretty much anything else. I love the Fable franchise, Rhythm Heaven and the Lego games to name a few.
7. I play the flute. I haven't been in a band since last year, but I enjoy playing occasionally still.
8. I don't really like 3D movies, for the same reason I can't play FPS games. If I go to the theatre to see a 3D movie I have to sit in the back middle.
9. I wanted to be an actress or fashion designer when I was a kid. I kind of strayed from that a bit but I still love both things!
10. I have really bad feet and have to wear orthotics in my shoes. It makes it hard to find things that fit sometimes.
11. Amélie is probably my favourite movie ever. It's so quirky, I love her style and just the whole thing in general.
AND MY NOMINEES ARE: